The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is seeking a full-time Program Assistant for our Clean Power team to be based in NRDC’s Beijing office.
NRDC is an international nonprofit environmental organization founded in 1970 in New York State. Its mission is to safeguard the earth—its people, its plants and animals, and the natural systems on which all life depends. With support from more than 3 million members and online supporters and a staff of about 600 scientists, lawyers and policy experts, NRDC works to promote clean energy development, ecological and environmental protection, and sustainable cities and communities in the United States and internationally, including China.
NRDC has worked in China for more than two decades. We have been supporting China’s efforts in energy efficiency, renewable energy development, climate mitigation, sustainable urbanization, and strengthening environmental law and governance. We are proud to have effectively collaborated with many Chinese academic, governmental, and non-governmental partners to help accelerate China’s green and low-carbon development.
The Clean Power Project (CPP) works to drive deep carbon reduction in China’s power sector through policy advocacy and implementation support, focusing in particular on promoting demand side resources, end-use energy efficiency and renewable energy integration. The Program Assistant will provide administrative and research support for the CPP, and work collaboratively with other NRDC teams to help meet overall China program goals.
• Prepare periodic project reports and project status updates, working with project team members to collect information and conducting independent research as needed.
• Schedule and coordinate various external and internal meetings and seminars (e.g. training workshops, report releases, publicity events, staff field visits, etc.), including but not limited to administrative and logistical arrangements, meeting material preparation, and the recording and distribution of meeting minutes.
• Draft, proof, edit and distribute correspondence, memorandums, presentations and other documents, and if needed, translate project-related materials.
• Process invoices and expense reports, help with budget tracking, prepare monthly expense forecast and fund request, and support compliance reporting as required.
• Maintain project contract and document library, ensuring project files (electronic and paper) are well organized and up to date.
• Maintain the Clean Power Project website, including regularly updating project news, uploading project publications and materials, coordinating with the Communications team and/or vendor for website maintenance, and other actions needed.
• Help manage incoming phone calls in coordination with office receptionist, and provide backup to other administrative staff in the Beijing office.
• Foster team work and help enhance team satisfaction with work and work environment. Work to create a culture of team work, high performance and accountability.
• Master’s Degree in energy, environmental policy or science, or a related field. Experience working in the public and/or non-profit sector desired.
• Fluency in English and Chinese, with excellent oral and written skills as well as bilingual translation ability.
• A high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong interpersonal skills and extremely detail oriented and organized.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team with great team spirit.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, follow organizational procedures, and perform accurately under deadlines.
• Demonstrated interest and experience in environmental issues a plus.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please send an email with the position title in the subject line to email@example.com.