The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is an international nonprofit environmental group with more than three million members and online supporters. Since 1970, our lawyers, scientists, and other environmental specialists have worked to protect the world's natural resources, public health, and the environment. NRDC works in countries including the United States, China, India, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Costa Rica, and EU. Visit us at www.nrdc.org and www.nrdc.cn.
NRDC’s China Clean Power Project is seeking one intern based in the Beijing office starting from September 2019 to early 2020. The intern will be working on our demand-side resources project with a focus on electric vehicles.
Demand-side resources project promotes better utilization of resources provided by the demand side of energy, which covers demand response, electric vehicles, energy storage and distributed renewable energy. Integrating demand-side resources to the power grid system helps balance supply and demand at a lower cost and within a shorter time than conventional supply-side resources such as power plants. In order for demand-side resources to successfully play a role, supporting policies, functioning markets and advanced technologies are the key factors. The project supports China to develop relevant policies and markets for demand-side resource integration through research projects and city pilots.
The intern will have opportunities to learn or participate in other working areas of the Clean Power Project. This internship will last 6 months, with possible extension. NRDC is not able to provide financial compensation for the internship.
1. Graduate student, college student, or recent graduates majored in relevant fields.
2. Proficiency in Chinese and English, with strong oral and written communication skills.
3. Willingness and ability to conduct independent research on electric vehicles, demand-side resources, and renewable energy.
4. Willingness and ability to help with translation and proofreading.
5. Willingness to assist in administrative work.
6. Availability to come to the office at least 3 days a week (Or 5 days depending on candidates’ willingness).
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Internship offers are made on a rolling basis, so please indicate your availability and area of interest in the cover letter.