The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is an international nonprofit environmental organization with more than 3 million members and online supporters. Since 1970, our lawyers, scientists, and other environmental specialists have worked to protect the world's natural resources, public health, and the environment. NRDC works in countries and regions including the United States, China, India, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Costa Rica, and the European Union.
For two decades, the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has been a thought leader and trusted adviser to our partners in China. With a highly effective team of more than 40 based in our Beijing office, we have worked hard at both the national and local levels to recommend, develop, and help implement innovative laws, policies, technologies, and market tools that curb pollution and accelerate China’s transition to a clean, low-carbon economy. NRDC's Beijing Representative Office is registered under the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau and supervised by the State Forestry and Grassland Administration of China.
NRDC’s China Climate Change and Energy Policy team is seeking an intern based in Beijing from now to December 2019 (if possible). This intern will be supporting the project on Greening China’s Belt and Road Initiative, that aims to strengthen policies and mechanisms for encouraging investment in low-carbon, low emissions projects under China’s BRI overseas development initiative.
Our team are working together with Chinese government and industry-affiliated research institutes to achieve technical cooperation, ensuring our partners deliver high-quality guidance to accelerate the clean energy transition in Belt and Road Countries. Possible areas of interest listed below for college or graduate students who are energetic, intelligent, environmentally conscious, and self-confident:
• Low-carbon power sector policies
• Green finance and low-carbon investments
• Green heavy industry standards
• Assist with relevant policy and project research in both English and Chinese, including but not limited to renewable energy, coal transition, energy intensive industries, green finance, etc.
• Responsible for project monthly newsletter.
• Support document translation and project database checking.
• Assist with event support, logistic planning and administrative work, including report release event, workshops, etc.
• Other tasks if needed.
• Strong interests in Greening Chinese overseas investment.
• College student, graduate student, or recent graduate majored in relevant fields.
• Experience of Excel and Powerpoint is a plus.
• Willingness and ability to conduct independent research in the low-carbon power sector policies, green heavy industry standards and green finance.
• Proficiency in Chinese and English, with strong oral and written communication skills.
• Willingness and ability to help with translation and proof-reading, and project activities.
• Availability to come to office 4 days a week.
• Start at the earliest convenience.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Internship offers are made on a rolling basis, so please indicate your availability and area of interest in the cover letter.