The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is seeking a full-time Climate Finance Analyst (consultant) for its climate finance initiative. This position is based in NRDC’s Beijing office and for an initial contract period of 12 months with possibility of renewal.
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is an international nonprofit environmental organization with more than 3 million members and online supporters. Since 1970, our lawyers, scientists, and other environmental specialists have worked to protect the world's natural resources, public health, and the environment. NRDC works in countries and regions including the United States, China, India, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Costa Rica, and the European Union.
For two decades, the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has been a thought leader and trusted adviser to our partners in China. With a highly effective team of more than 40 based in our Beijing office, we have worked hard at both the national and local levels to recommend, develop, and help implement innovative laws, policies, technologies, and market tools that curb pollution and accelerate China’s transition to a clean, low-carbon economy. NRDC's Beijing Representative Office is registered under the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau and supervised by the National Forestry and Grassland Administration of China.
The Climate Finance Analyst will support NRDC’s climate finance initiative aimed at mobilizing retail banking resources for climate mitigation through promoting climate finance policy and innovative financial approaches and products in China. The Analyst will be working in NRDC’s China Environmental Law team reporting to the Senior Staff Attorney.
· Provide main contributions to the team’s strategy development, work planning, and project implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
· Conduct independent and joint research on issues related to climate finance polices and practice, banking and financing approaches, products and tools that can mobilize retail banking resources for climate mitigation, and carbon accounting in the banking industry;
· Draft work and project plans and reports, communications materials , and other documents as needed;
· Work in the team on fundraising and partnership development; help liaise partners and maintain partnership network;
· Lead event planning and organization under the guidance of the supervisor and other relevant senior managers;
· Conduct administrative tasks as required.
· Master’s degree on finance, economics, or another relevant area;
· At least 2 years of relevant work experience; non-profit, climate finance, or retail banking experience a plus;
· Solid knowledge of China’s finance and banking polices and good understanding of climate and environmental issues;
· Good analytical and data management skills;
· Good policy advocacy, public communications, and partnership building abilities;
· Strong research, writing, and presentation skills in both Chinese and English;
· Ability to efficiently and independently perform various tasks in a fast-paced work environment;
· An excellent team player.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion.
We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please send an email with the position title in the subject line to email@example.com.