The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is an international nonprofit environmental organization with more than 3 million members and online supporters. Since 1970, our lawyers, scientists, and other environmental specialists have worked to protect the world's natural resources, public health, and the environment. NRDC works in countries and regions including the United States, China, India, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Costa Rica, and the European Union.
For two decades, the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has been a thought leader and trusted adviser to our partners in China. With a highly effective team of more than 40 based in our Beijing office, we have worked hard at both the national and local levels to recommend, develop, and help implement innovative laws, policies, technologies, and market tools that curb pollution and accelerate China’s transition to a clean, low-carbon economy. NRDC's Beijing Representative Office is registered under the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau and supervised by the National Forestry and Grassland Administration of China.
The China Program Assistant will report to the Sr. Director of China Program and provide administrative, research, editing/drafting, and coordination support to the supervisor and to the Beijing Office as needed.
• Compile, coordinate, consolidate, and edit inputs from project teams on specific tasks or documents, particularly concerning internal progress reporting, work planning, budget planning, and project updates;
• Draft, edit, proofread, or translate memos, contracts, blogs, email communications, and other short documents in English and/or Chinese, as requested;
• Coordinate and schedule meetings and make logistic arrangement for senior managers visiting the Beijing office;
• Assist China Director in developing presentations for conferences, meetings and workshops;
• Conduct research on specific environmental or energy issues, as requested;
• Work with the China communications team on developing China Program’s monthly donor newsletter and quarterly bilingual newsletter;
• Support the operations team to plan and organize office events;
• Coordinate the Beijing Office’s internship program, including advertising openings, initial resume reviewing, arranging interviews, communications with applicants, and maintaining the intern database;
• Help cover office reception and provide backup to other administrative staff in the Beijing office when required;
• Other tasks that the supervisor may assign.
• Bachelor’s degree or above in a relevant field with two or three years of relevant work experience as a plus;
• Strong writing and editing skills in Chinese and English;
• Good understanding of and a high interest in environmental and/or clean energy issues;
• Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills;
• Detail and deadline conscious, strong time management proficiency, and a responsible attitude to all aspects of work;
• Ability to work independently, creatively, and cooperatively with multiple teams; and
• Strong self-learning and problem-solving capability.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please send an email with the position title in the subject line to email@example.com.