NRDC is an international environmental non-profit organization established in 1970 and headquartered in New York City. With over two million members and online supporters, NRDC’s staff of 500+ professionals work to safeguard the earth – its people, its plants and animals, and the natural systems on which all life depends.
For over 20 years, NRDC has been working with local partners in China to address some of the greatest environmental challenges and to help provide innovative solutions to creating a cleaner environment and curbing global warming. Our China Sustainable Cities Project promotes and facilitates exchanges and learning by cities on advanced/innovative concepts, best practices, and international experiences regarding urban smart growth, sustainable transportation, land use efficiency, and other green and low-carbon urbanization strategies.
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)’s China Program is seeking a full-time Urban Policy Analyst (consultant) for its China Sustainable Cities Project. This position is based in Beijing and is an integral part of the China Program. The Urban Policy Analyst will conduct policy research and case studies, write reports and other substantive documents, help coordinate and develop partnerships, and assist with arranging project activities.
- Graduate degree(s) in areas related to sustainable cities, urban planning, green transportation, low-carbon urban issues, etc.
- One or more years of relevant work experience;
- Good understanding and knowledge of urban sustainability and China’s urbanization issues;
- Strong analytical skills on policy and data-based assessment;
- Proven ability to conduct research tasks independently;
- Excellent professional writing and oral presentation skills in Chinese;
- Fluency in English;
- A good team player and quick learner; self-motivated and hardworking.
NRDC offers competitive compensation based on experience and a pleasant working environment. To apply please send your cover letter and resume (in Chinese and English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary expectation and the earliest possible start date in your cover letter. State your name and the position title in the subject of the email. Please reference where you saw this posting. No phone calls or faxes please. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.