The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is seeking a full-time Communications Associate to be based in NRDC's Beijing office.
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is an international environmental nonprofit organization.
We combine the power of more than two million members and supporters with the expertise of some 500 scientists, lawyers, and policy advocates across the globe to protect the world's natural resources, public health, and the environment. NRDC works in the United States, China, India, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Costa Rica, and the European Union.
For two decades, NRDC has been a thought leader and trusted adviser to our partners in China. With a highly effective team of 40 based in our Beijing office, we have worked hard at both the national and local levels to recommend, develop, and help implement innovative laws, policies, technologies, and market tools that curb pollution and accelerate China's transition to a clean, low-carbon economy.
The Communications Associate will work with China and global teams to provide effective communications support to China Program. The Communications Associate will be based in NRDC's Beijing office and will be reporting to the China Program Communications Director. The initial term will be one year, with possibility for renewal.
• Draft and/or edit general China Program communication materials such as newsletters, brochures, website and social media content.
• Provide project-specific communication support upon request, such as editing factsheets and blogs, drafting event summaries, and assisting with report production, etc.
• Provide editing support to reports and blogs written by project teams.
• Provide translation support as needed.
• Work with other members of NRDC China Program and colleagues in other offices to enhance NRDC's communications efforts.
• Support NRDC's general communications efforts as needed.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
• Excellent writer, with ability to write and edit persuasively, particularly in Chinese.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of traditional media and social media.
• Demonstrated interest and good knowledge in environmental issues.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
• Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor degree in a relevant field is strongly preferred.
• Fluency in Chinese and English, with strong oral and written skills as well as bilingual translation ability.
• Care for details, accuracy and high quality output.
• Experience working in communications/media, and the public/non-profit sector desired.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until filled.